Home | About Us | Site Map | CITD Locator | Host College | My Profile | Help
The many ways CITDs can help you meet your export-import needs
Special tools for trade newcomers, including Export Readiness Test, Exporting Basics, Export FAQs, and Export Internet Search Wizard
Extensive, searchable database covers all aspects of international trade
A place to post your export-import offers, find buyers and suppliers, and gain worldwide market exposure
Sign up for seminars, workshops, courses and certificate programs taught by trade experts
A schedule of upcoming CITD workshops and seminars, trade events, and networking opportunities
Links to helpful trade assistance organizations, articles and publications

What's New



Take Our Survey...

Webcast Media Center

Success Stories

Export FAQs

CHAPTER: Filing Required Documentation
2. When do I need a Shippers Export Declaration and where do I get one?
  ANSWER: The Shipper's Export Declaration (SED or Form 7525-V) is used by the U.S. Census Bureau to compile trade statistics and to help prevent illegal exports. SEDs must be filled out for any shipment valued at $2,500 or above; any shipment to particular countries, such as Eastern Europe, the former Soviet Union, Cuba, Laos, Libya, Mongolia and North Korea; any shipment requiring a validated export license; and any shipments to Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the former Pacific Trust Territories even though they are not considered exports. Shipments to Canada do not require an SED. The SED for hand-carried "tools of the trade" should be filed directly with U.S. Customs at the airport at least two hours before flight time.

Copyright 2001 Center for International Trade Development. All Rights Reserved.
Site Developed by Infinite Concepts