Home | About Us | Site Map | CITD Locator | My Profile | Help
The many ways CITDs can help you meet your export-import needs
Special tools for trade newcomers, including Export Readiness Test, Exporting Basics, Export FAQs, and Export Internet Search Wizard
Extensive, searchable database covers all aspects of international trade
A place to post your export-import offers, find buyers and suppliers, and gain worldwide market exposure
Sign up for seminars, workshops, courses and certificate programs taught by trade experts
A schedule of upcoming CITD workshops and seminars, trade events, and networking opportunities
Links to helpful trade assistance organizations, articles and publications



Webcast Media Center

Success Stories

Export FAQs

CHAPTER: Complying with U.S. Export Regulations
3. Do I need a license to take my laptop and professional equipment overseas?
  ANSWER: The U.S. Government typically does not restrict travelers from taking laptops out of the country for personal business use. However, some equipment, including some high-speed or encrypted laptop computers, do require an export license from the Department of Commerce's Bureau of Export Administration(BXA). Also, some technical materials, sophisticated equipment, and goods taken to certain countries will need a license. If you are unsure whether or not an export license is required for your laptop or other materials, we advise you contact BXA (202-482-4811).

Copyright 2001 Center for International Trade Development. All Rights Reserved.
Site Developed by Infinite Concepts