Home | About Us | Site Map | CITD Locator | Host College | My Profile | Help
The many ways CITDs can help you meet your export-import needs
Special tools for trade newcomers, including Export Readiness Test, Exporting Basics, Export FAQs, and Export Internet Search Wizard
Extensive, searchable database covers all aspects of international trade
A place to post your export-import offers, find buyers and suppliers, and gain worldwide market exposure
Sign up for seminars, workshops, courses and certificate programs taught by trade experts
A schedule of upcoming CITD workshops and seminars, trade events, and networking opportunities
Links to helpful trade assistance organizations, articles and publications

What's New



Webcast Media Center

Success Stories

Export FAQs

CHAPTER: Understanding Trade terms and Codes
6. What are EIN, VAT, RFC and BN numbers and how can I obtain them?
  ANSWER: These are tax-identification numbers assigned by the government. In the U.S., a company tax ID number is called an EIN (Employer Identification Number). In Europe, it is called a VAT (Value Added Tax number); in Mexico, an RFC number; and in Canada, a BN (Business Number). Governments require a tax ID number on certain documents. If you do not know your own tax ID number, check with your tax preparer. If you do not have one, contact your country's tax authorities. Contact the person you are doing business with for his or her tax ID number.

Copyright 2001 Center for International Trade Development. All Rights Reserved.
Site Developed by Infinite Concepts