September 19- 26, 2013 (MYANMAR, with Optional Stops in Bangkok or Hong Kong)
Myanmar, considered the last outpost of Southeast Asia, has recently emerged from a 50-year slumber led by democratic reforms that are attracting interest from the world over. Intense interest due to the recent opening has seen world leaders flocking to Yangon to find the next new market for goods and services and potential strategic partners. Among those are corporate giants such as Coca-Cola and General Electric who recently opened offices and marketing operations in country. President Obama made a historic visit in November 2012 and re-opened trade with the U.S.
Myanmar has tremendous potential, which is in the formative stages of establishing institutions, and framework to support its path to globalization.
The Centers for International Trade Development (CITD) are leading a “first mover” trade mission, focused on infrastructure (roads, ports, and airports) and fast moving consumer goods. This trade mission will focus on establishing one-on-one meetings with leading companies, multilateral development banks and organizations and key government decision makers utilizing a network of in-country marketing executives.
Dates and Activities:
- September 19-21, 2013 Bangkok or Hong Kong: Gold Key Service, pre-arranged meetings, and networking opportunities.
- September 23-26, 2013 Yangon Myanmar: Introduction to a cross section of industry players; customized meeting schedule with pre-screened potential buyers and strategic partners, organized by established local marketing firms and industry associations.
- Fast moving consumer goods (FMCG): food and non-food everyday items with industry players such as DKSH, City Mart, AB Foods and Beverages, and other.
- Infrastructure (trade enabling): ICT (mobile communications, secure IT), hospitality, transportation, and other related opportunities
Cost: A $1,000 deposit will secure a spot on this mission, which will be refunded only after completion of the trade mission, no-shows will not receive a refund. Matchmaking services, receptions and events will be complementary for California STEP eligible businesses. All travel, accommodation, incidental costs and risks are on participating companies own account. Space will be limited to first 6 committed companies.
Registration Deadline August 9, 2013!
PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR ADDITIONAL DETAILS ON THIS RAPIDLY DEVELOPING NEW OPPORTUNITY!
- Jeffrey Williamson, STEP Director and CITD Statewide Director
Hosted by: Riverside Community College District
152 E. Sixth Street, Corona, CA 92879
(909) 556 6639